Saturday, November 29

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The father and three young children killed in a Colorado crash involving a stolen car were identified Wednesday by authorities, though the suspect’s identity has yet to be released.

Alvin Corado, 35, his children MaKenlee Corado, 11, and Toretto Corado, 8, and friend Jase Green, 12, all of Colorado Springs, died Monday after a man in a stolen car crashed into oncoming traffic on Highway 83 in Douglas County, Colorado.

The fatal crash happened just before 4:40 p.m. near milepost 40.5 and involved a stolen Toyota hatchback and the family’s Ford sedan, according to Colorado State Patrol (CSP). 

Aurora Police Department (APD) confirmed to Fox News Digital the Toyota was reported stolen about an hour prior to the crash after a carjacking at Aurora’s Nine Mile Station.

Mia Corado and her family members in the hospital

Mia Corado visited with Alvin Corado’s parents in the hospital on Saturday. (Marissa Kaye via Facebook)

‘PROTECTOR’ FATHER OF NINE SLAIN AFTER MINOR CRASH SPIRALS INTO DEADLY ROAD RAGE CLASH

The carjacking suspect, only identified as a 31-year-old Denver man, allegedly pulled a woman from the driver’s seat of the Toyota and drove off.

As the suspect was driving the stolen Toyota on the highway, he lost control for unknown reasons, over-corrected, rolled into the northbound lane, and crashed head-on into the family’s car.

The unnamed suspect, Alvin, Makenlee, Toretto and Jase all died at the scene.

MaKenlee and Toretto’s 13-year-old sister, Mia Corado, and Green’s 14-year-old brother, who were sitting in the back of the car, were airlifted to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.

APD and CSP denied Fox News Digital’s requests for the suspect’s identity, but confirmed he had a criminal history. 

They did not provide a reason for concealing his identity.

Mia Corado, a child involved in a deadly Colorado highway crash, holds up a painting in a social media post by her mother. (Marissa Kaye via Facebook)

FAMILIES CLAIM TEEN MURDER SUSPECT WAS ‘PLOTTING’ DEADLY HIT-AND-RUN FOR MONTHS BEFORE KILLING TWO GIRLS 

The Douglas County Coroner’s Office told Fox News Digital they would not release the man’s name “at [his] family’s request.”

MOTHER SAYS ALLEGED STALKER WHO KILLED HER DAUGHTER SHOULD BE TRIED AS AN ADULT

APD public information officer Gabby Easterwood declined Fox News Digital’s request for his immigration status.

Following the tragedy, Marissa Corado, Mia’s mother, said her daughter suffered a lacerated liver, fractured pelvis, punctured diaphragm, broken arm and finger, esophagus tears, fractured ribs, broken back, and lung contusions.

Mia was moved into a wheelchair for the first time Saturday, but is still experiencing heart issues and has fluid in her lungs, Marissa wrote in an update on Facebook.

“Not even ten minutes after the [intubation] tube was taken out, Mia asked the question we knew was coming and had prepared for,” Marissa wrote earlier in the week. “After asking where her dad was, and me answering with the news of her siblings’ and fathers’ passing, she responded with ‘I know.’”

Mia Corado, a child involved in a fatal Colorado highway crash, is receiving treatment at a hospital for her injuries. (Marissa Kaye via Facebook)

TEEN DRIVER CHARGED WITH KILLING THREE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA STUDENTS IN PORSCHE HIT-AND-RUN CROSSWALK CRASH

Her mother said Mia remembered every moment leading up to the crash, the wreck itself, and was awake the entire time.

“[She] even tried to help,” Marissa wrote. “We were told by those on the scene that she was awake, but we were not prepared for all of the details, and had hoped trauma would have blocked it out of her brain. The very heart-wrenching and terrifying details, we will keep private … The things Mia saw and went through [are] something that no person should ever have to witness, let alone a 13-year-old witnessing of her very own family.”

Marissa added that Mia, traumatized herself, told her she was “sorry that I lost my children” and asked how she was going to be OK.

“We all know this is who Mia is, always looking out for others and being brave-faced through every hardship,” she wrote. “My hope is that soon she can cry, and process, and grieve, because right now she will not waiver [sic] in emotion, as she feels the need to be strong for others. … She is now aware she is not fit to fly to [her father’s funeral] service…” 

The Colorado State Patrol denied requests for the deceased suspect’s identity. (Aaron M. Sprecher/Getty Images)

DRIVER OF STOLEN CAR ROLLS INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC ON COLORADO HIGHWAY KILLING 5, INCLUDING 3 CHILDREN

A vigil will be held in Colorado Springs for MaKenlee and Toretto, according to their mother. Their joint funeral service will be held in South Dakota pending Mia’s recovery timeline and ability to travel.

A GoFundMe has been set up to support the Corado family with funeral and memorial services, Mia’s medical and ICU expenses, and Marissa’s lost wages as she cares for Mia.

“Please help me lay my babies to rest and get them back home to South Dakota for their service, and help me care for Mia who has a long road ahead of her,” Marissa wrote in a post. “Thank you for your thoughts and prayers in advance.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

MaKenlee’s school in Colorado Springs, Sabin Middle School, released a statement Tuesday calling the loss “incomprehensible.”

“She was a bright, joyful presence in our school community—’friends with everyone,’ as her mom shared,” school officials wrote in a statement. “Please keep MaKenlee’s entire family in your thoughts during this difficult time.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/victims-deadly-colorado-carjacking-crash-identified-suspects-id-kept-under-wraps-incomprehensible

Share.

Leave A Reply

12 − nine =

Exit mobile version